- President Biden is calling for a “new biomedical research agency” that would operate under the guise of treatments for chronic diseases, but which, if implemented, would merge national security with health security.
- The plan would suck up masses of private data from “Apple Watches, Fitbits, Amazon Echo and Google Home” and other consumer electronic devices, as well as information from health care providers to determine if an individual might be likely to commit a crime.
- The plan also would work toward merging “biology, engineering and computer science to harness the power of natural systems for national security” along with “advancements in biotechnology, supercomputing, big data and artificial intelligence” to accomplish its goals.
- In the interests of national safety, the Department of Defense wants everyone to have biometric wearables that could monitor 165 different biomarkers using an algorithm that could “recognize an infection or virus around 48 hours before the onset of symptoms.”
- Ultimately, promoters of the technology want to “develop tools to record, mark and manipulate precisely defined neurons in the living brain” that are determined to be linked to an “abnormal” function or a neurological disease.