Johnson & Johnson announced on Wednesday, July 14, that it is recalling several of its sunscreen products from five different product lines after discovering they contained benzene, a known cancer-causing chemical.
The specific products being recalled are:
- Aveeno Protect + Refresh aerosol sunscreen.
- Neutrogena Beach Defense aerosol sunscreen.
- Neutrogena Cool Dry Sport aerosol sunscreen.
- Neutrogena Invisible Daily Defense aerosol sunscreen.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer aerosol sunscreen.
All the affected products are packaged in aerosols cans. All can sizes and all levels of sun protection factor, or SPF, were recalled.