Because COVID-19 is so new, there is much we don’t know about it, but because it’s a coronavirus — and coronaviruses have been around now for some time — we know some things about it.
Some of the things we weren’t sure about, however, have nothing to do with the virus and yet have everything to do with the virus
- Here are just a few things we didn’t know before COVID-19:
- What would it take to shut down our economy almost entirely?
- What kind of economic impact would a shutdown have?
- How long will it take to recover from a near-complete economic shutdown? What things will hasten that recovery and what will hamper it in terms of policies?
Then there are medical uncertainties, such as:
- Will social distancing and mask-wearing really help? If so, how so?
- What are the long-term effects of social distancing on humans?
- What are the harmful effects of COVID-19 restrictions, including mask-wearing? Mask-wearing by children?